The pilates for runners programme is designed to help your running performance by challenging your core stability and strengthening your body, helping you to:
- run with better posture and alignment, reducing the risk of injury
- improve your running form and performance
Key elements of the programme include exercises to:
- Lengthen the hip flexor muscles that are generally strong but tight in runners –
- Work the leg abductor and adductor muscles which are usually the weakest part of a runner’s leg
- Develop the glutes in order for the runner to maintain a strong sense of balance
- Strengthen postural muscles, particularly shoulder muscles, to improve form
Balance and coordination exercises are included in every class in order to help the runner to work effectively on their feet.
The classes start and end standing. It’s not a class where you will lie on the floor for an hour! It’s about becoming more aware of what your body is doing and where it is in space while developing movement patters that will transfer to and compliment your running skills.
SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER
To celebrate the launch of our new pilates classes for runners, we are offering you a FREE taster session.
This offer is only available to Perfect Balance clients and places are limited so hurry and book your place now on 0800 0724012 or email us on email@example.com
TIMES, LOCATION AND PRICES
Classes will be run at our Hatfield Clinic pilates studio and start on 23rd September and run for 6 weeks:
- Tuesdays 7.30-8.30pm
- Thursdays 10.30-11.30am
Flexible payment options are available with a discount available if paying as a block of 6 sessions:
£14 per class pay as you go
- £10 per class if you pay for a block of 6 classes upfront