Is Kinesio tape only for sports injuries?
Physio tape, also known as Kinesio tape, is the brightly coloured tape that has been popularised recently by many sports teams and sporting individuals at the Olympics. However, there are many other uses for the brightly coloured tape.
What is ‘Physio tape’?
The science behind Physio tape
How to use Physio tape
Research on Physio tape is increasing
As Physio tape becomes increasingly accessible to the public, as opposed to just medical professionals, research is continuing into how the tape is best put to use. Whilst sportspeople are using Kinesio tape to protect and aid existing niggles, research is showing that the recommended application of Kinesio tape is significantly improving the explosive power of the gluteus maximus. However, other research is demonstrating the potential benefits of Kinesio taping in other biological and medical fields. The effects of using Kinesio tape on respiratory muscle strength continues to be explored, whilst more serious medical conditions such as Lymphedema, a condition that can stem from breast cancer, are seeing the benefit of treatments involving Kinesio tape.
Below you will find articles related to the function of Kinesio tape/Physio tape – they are worth a read at some point. At Perfect Balance Clinic, we see lots of people who benefit from Kinesio taping. Here are some pictures of some of them half way through a session of kinesio taping:
Frequently asked questions on Physio tape
- Sophie Vowden – Sports Therapist
- Himesh Mistry – Osteopath
- Stephen Makinde – Osteopath
- Terence McSweeney – Osteopath
- Sara Randall – Midwife/Osteopath
- Andrew Maddick – Children’s Osteopath
- Lucy Georgiou – Osteopath
- Joe Reemer – Rehablitation Consultant
- Mark Richardson – Sports Physiotherapist
- Lottie Simpson – Sports Physiotherapist
- Sophie Lane – Sports Phsyiotherapist
- St Albans (Sports Injuries)
- St Albans (Mother and Baby)
- London Moorgate
- London Harley Street
- London St Paul’s
4. Where can you buy Physio tape?
To find out more about Kinesio tape and Physio tape, you can send us your details and we will get one of our specialists to call you with more information and answers to your questions.